Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Santa Fe & Disneyland R.R - “The New Circle Route” - 1956

Santa Fe & Disneyland R.R tickets are always fun to look at. Walt's pride in his Railroad is evident in the highly detailed and "authentic" looking early train tickets. Today's example is a scan that was donated by loyal reader Michael. I believe the "New Circle Route” wording was used immediately after the two trains stopped passing each other and each started identical station stops.




The hand written notes on the back of the ticket are almost as cool as the ticket itself. The Tomorrowland Boats - NICE!




Here's another 1956 Railroad ticket, this one is from my collection that I posted back in 2009. Is you want to see lots of Vintage Santa Fe & Disneyland R.R. tickets see my 5 part series here (link).









2 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

I learned something today! Very cool. Also, I got chills when I looked at the writing on the back of that first ticket. I would swear on a stack of bibles that is my mom's handwriting!

Major Pepperidge said...

I do love those old train tickets! They seem to possess some voodoo magic that no other tickets have.