Thursday, March 24, 2011

Disneyland Discover America Game Ticket - 1983

As a salute to the 1984 U.S. Olympic Team Disneyland had its "Discover America Game" in 1983. Being an Instant Winner was a 20 to 1 odds proposition, with a prize of either an Olympic Pin (how exciting) or a Disneyland Passport (much better).





Lots of fun fine print courtesy of the mouse's lawyers. The Random Drawing has much better prizes.




Because I love my blog readers so much I was willing to rub off four squares and see if this ticket was a winner! But time has played a dirty trick on us, the coating over the squares has bonded to the paper, we'll never know if this was a winner!


4 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

I have a couple of these cards and a couple of the pins too. A little secret that we figured out....if you took the card to a shop that sold the small souvenir flashlights, and held the light behind the card, you could just make out where the matches were. Now I'm not saying that we actually did that, because that would have been cheating! It took us a while to figure that out, so that's why I have a couple "non winner" cards. Every card had a matching row.

Connie Moreno said...

I had never, ever seen these!!!

Major Pepperidge said...

Oh man! I was thinking "How can you resist scratching off the coating?". But you actually tried, which was awesome! Bummer that it can't be read after all these years...

JR Vitug said...

i got this .. https://socalseats.com/los-angeles-dodgers-tickets