Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy 54th Birthday Disneyland!

Happy 54th Birthday Disneyland! After yesterday’s fun 1985 post, let’s stay in 1985 just a bit longer. I don’t know when the “Annual Passport” started at Disneyland; from the paper goodies I’ve collected I would guess 1985.

This Disneyland Annual Passport Certificate is printed with a “star & castle” look, similar to some of the tickets in the late 1960’s. I wonder why they used this certificate and didn’t just sell the pass directly. Includes free parking and no block out dates!






$99 wasn’t cheap in 1985 but seems reasonable. The equivalent AP today is almost $400!






Speaking of a current Annual Pass – here’s one that is getting some use today, I'll be at the park all day.




See last years happy 53rd post "Dateline Disneyland July 17, 1955 in TV Guide" here (link).

3 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

VDT, I'm pretty sure the Annual Passports began in 1983...although, I would have to dig mine out to prove it. I'll do that later and get back to ya!

TokyoMagic! said...

Oh, and as for the certificate....I remember there was a trick you could do with that and they didn't put a stop to it until a year or two later. Since the processing center at that time was outside the gates, you could still use that certificate to enter the park ONCE and then go home and come back on another day to have your pass made....and the expiration date on your pass would be the later date. I remember a cast memeber in Admissions telling us to do that!

Doug said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for all the great finds!