Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bonus Sunday

From Tuesday's "Circus Fantasy 1988" post (link) here is the entire "Your 1988 Souvenir Guide" to Disneyland.

Disneyland Guidebook 1988 (ver. 1) 19mb





I posted the fun map on the previous post, but I missed something interesting. Looks like Bear Country has a flume ride! Splash Mountain was still a year and half away and it would end up in "Critter Country", but it will always be Bear Country to me.






From Friday's post, here is the complete Vacationland from Winter 1961-62.


Vacationland Winter 1961-62 - 48mb






Already becoming a classic in 1962.





"Fad or Fashion" you'll have to download the entire issue to read the rest of the article.


2 comments:

Katella Gate said...

Funny you mention the name change for Bear Country. I never use "Critter Country" myself. I'm used to the old name, and the new name has too much marketing gloss on it.

keeline said...

It is interesting that there were two "Bear Country" areas in the park. One was the area for the Country Bear Jamboree now called Critter Country. The other was the part of Nature's Wonderland with the bears in the river.

James